Glossy, thick, bouncy hair looks attractive on anyone. Everyone loses some hair each day but hair grows back except in some cases. This leads to gradual thinning of hair and then bald patches show through. Hair loss is not usually noticeable except when it reaches the stage when the scalp shows through. Early treatment is the best way to prevent hair loss and help regrowth of hair. There are several methods of treating hair loss and to grow hair again, some of them successful and some not. It depends on the causes of hair loss. The allopathic remedy is use of minoxidil. It takes about 3 months for results to show but the effects are not lasting. As soon as one stops use of minoxidil, hair loss resumes. Finasteride is used to treat male pattern baldness in men. Women benefit by taking oral contraceptives containing progestin drospirenone. Hair transplantation is another method to treat hair loss. In all such cases the results are not lasting and the treatments are also expensive. It is better to understand underlying problems and use home remedies for hair fall.
Causes of hair loss
There are many causes of hair loss. In women and men there may be an underlying health sisue such as high amount of belly fat, high blood pressure and diabetes that could be the reasons for hair loss. Hyperandrogenism in women could lead to hair fall. Polycystic ovarian syndrome is another reason. Improper diet, lack of nutrition, lack of blood circulation in the scalp, dandruff, smoking, aging, hormonal imbalance, genetic factors, fungal infection and chronic illness all contribute, one way or the other, are causes for hair fall. Hypothyroidism is another reason for hair fall. Hair growth has three patterns. The anagen phase is when hair is growing. In the catagen phase hair is in the proces of transitioning during which time, lasting 2 to 3 weeks, hair follicles shrink. In the telogen phase lasting 2 to 4 months, hair is in a resting stage. If, in the second or third phase hair does not progress to the anagen phase, then the result is hair loss. Application of minoxidil has a temporary effect whereas, if you use home remedies for hair fall, the effects are lasting.
Prevent Hair Fall
Treatments to regrow hair work best when early action is taken. If you take action after a year or more than it becomes more difficult. The best way is to treat hair right and take preventive action. How to prevent hair fall is a question people ask and the answer is that it is not all that difficult when you have so many home remedies you can try to prevent hair fall
- Spend at least 10 to 15 minutes massaging your scalp with warm coconut oil at least 2 to 3 times a week. This improves blood circulation and helps hair growth. It will also stop hair fall.
- Ensure your scalp is free of dandruff or any fungal or bacterial infection by washing your hair once a week with anti-dandruff shampoo containing ketoconazole.
- Avoid use of shampoos that dry out hair and cause loss of natural oils. Instead, use natural mix of aritha, shikakai and amla to wash hair.
- Keep your hair nourished by using egg whites and egg yolk application at least 1-2 times a week.
- How to reduce hair fall naturally is easily resolved by using fenugreek seeds and curd mix. Soak fenugreek seeds and grind to a paste. Mix with sour curds and apply to hair and leave the paste on for an hour. Do this once a week to reduce hair fall or prevent hair loss naturally. Fenugreek helps rebuild hair follicles and strengthens hair, preventing hair fall. Curds act as natural conditioner and supply protein and vitamin B5 and probiotic bacteria reduce fungal infections.
- Take aloe vera leaves, fresh, extract the inner gel, grind to liquid with addition of water, apply to hair and scalp and leave it on for a half hour. This is an effective peventive hair fall treatment.
- Licorice root powder can be mixed with water and the solution can be applied to the scalp as a remedy for hair fall and to prevent hair fall.
- Beetroot juice is another effective preventive remedy for hair loss.
- Make a paste of spinach and add water. Strain and apply liquid to hair to prevent loss of hair.
- Giving your hair a rinse of apple cider vinegar proves an anti-hair loss remedy.
- Apply juice of indian gooseberry or amla to your scalp at least once a week. If fresh amla is not available, use dry amla powder. Soak it in warm water overnight and filter. Vitamin C and antioxidants in gooseberry help reduce hair loss.
- Neem is an effective antibacterial and antifungal remedy that helps remove scalp infections and restore hair health. Make a paste of neem leaves, add water and filter. Use the water to soak your hair and scalp and wash after 30 minutes.
- Make a paste of curry leaves and lemon peel. Rub the paste into your scalp and wash after 30 minutes to reduce hair loss.
Home Remedies for Hair Growth
All these remedies described above strengthen hair and prevent hair loss by keeping your scalp and hair free of infection, by supplying nutrients and by promoting blood circulation. This will arrrest hair fall and also promote hair growth. However, if you need to regrow hair you can try home remedies for hair growth. A few of these are described below:
- Onion juice is an effective remedy to help regrowth of hair. It is better to run onions through a juicer that extracts pure juice and separates the pulp. Apply onion juice to your scalp and leave it covered for 30 minutes. Do this every day for 3 months and you will see hair growing back. Onion removes infections and the sulphur in onions improves blood circulation.
- Hibiscus flowers and leaves are effective remedies to help promote hair growth. Macerate the hibiscus flowers and leaves to a rough paste and add them to coconut oil. Heat the mixture until oil blackens. Strain and use the oil to apply to your hair every night or every other night for 3 months.
- Green tea infusion helps promote hair follicle growth. Apply the infusion as a rinse after you wash hair. Your hair will look better with a lovely shine and hair growth is also stimulated.
- Make a mix of coconut oil, a little bit of castor oil, a little bit of sesame oil, a few drops of almond oil and some olive oil. Break open some capsules of Vitamin E and mix with the oil. You can add vitamin B5 and B6 to the oil mix. Rub it vigorously into your scalp at night and wash in the morning. This procedure promotes hair growth and reduces hair loss.
- Grind raw potatoes to a paste and apply to your scalp and leave it on for a half hour before washing. Iron, vitamin C and potassium help supply nutrition to hair follicles and stimulate growth.
- Lemon juice is an excellent hair fall treatment and a hair growth booster as well. Mix lemon juice with water and some honey and rub it into your scalp. Wash after 10 minutes. For better results you can add egg whites. Lemon juice removes dandruff and egg whites supply nutrition that stimulates follicle growth.
- Coriander juice is an excellent remedy to prevent hair loss and to promote hair growth. Just grind leaves to a paste, add water and strain. Rub the juice into your hair thrice a week.
- Mix eggs, honey and olive oil or coconut oil. Rub it into your scalp. Eggs supply proteins and fats that are absorbed by hair follicles. Honey moisturizes hair. Your hair will become stronger and you will experience less hair fall.
- Take 100 ml of castor oil and 50 ml coconut oil. Add juice of two lemons to the oil. Shake the bottle vigorously. It will form an emulsion. Apply this to your hair every other day and wash after an hour.
- Collect seeds of lemons. Dry and grind to powder. Powder peppercorns. Make a paste using these two powders along with honey, a little bit of oil and some water. Rub it into the patches where hair is thinning and leave it on for an hour and then wash.
- You can also try garlic paste and ginger paste application on your scalp once a week. Sulphur in garlic helps production of collagen.
- Use henna or mehndi leaves paste on your scalp to strengthen hair.
A healthy lifestyle is also necessary to prevent hair loss and promote growth of hair. This means reduce consumption of colas, coffee and tea, give up smoking and reduce alcohol consumption. Avoid junk foods and foods with high amount of salt and preservatives. Do not treat your harshly by using shampoos, hair dryers and hair straightening tools. Drink plenty of water, exercise and consume a healthy diet rich in vitamins of the B Group, iron and potassium. Avoid washing hair frequently and also take care not to neglect hair by washing only once a week. Thrice a week is a good balance for washing hair. Some of the remedies shown above can be consumed. Your diet must include onions, garlic, fenugreek, curds and eggs.
TAGS : #home remedies for hair fall #home remedies for hair growth #home remedies for hair loss #home remedies for faster hair growth #home remedies for hair growth fast #home remedies for hair growth and thickness #home remedies for hair fall and dandruff #home remedies for hair fall and regrowth #home remedies for hair fall and hair growth