QUICK TIPS of Garlic Benefits
- Garlic is full of Vitamin B6.
- Garlic has Beta Carotene, potassium & Zinc.
- Garlic Intakes Improves Immunity.
- Garlic Helps for Weight Loss.
- Garlic Therapy Helps for Improving Impotency.
- Garlic has Anti-Clotting Properties Which Prevents Blockages.
- Garlic helps to fight for Congestion, Cough & Chest Infections.
- Raw Garlic is Great Pain Reliever.
- Garlic Helps to Relieves Diarrhea.
There are many garlic benefits. Garlic is a versatile and valued food on this planet. Many exotic curries around the world are incomplete without this highly accepted herb. Comprising of a bitter and strong taste, garlic brings an incredible taste to the cuisine. Garlic, miracle herb belongs to the same family as the onions, shallots, chives and leeks. Garlic is also recognized worldwide for its health supporting traits. A very vital ability of garlic is to enhance immunity in your body. Garlic is known with other names as well Poondu, Vellaipoondu, Veluthulli, Vellulli, Velluri, Ullipayilu, Vellipaaya, Tellapaayalu, Velluli Payalu, Bellulli, Lehsan, Lasun, Rasoon, Rashun, Lasan, Lahsun, Losan, Lasun, Lusson, Rasuna, Lassan, Lahsun, Bollulli, Lassun, Leshun, Ruhan.
One dynamic element in garlic is Allicin, which is a sulfur based compound. Allicin is a substance which is produced when garlic is chewed or chopped. Allicin in garlic is so dominant that it can be likened to an antibiotic like the penicillin for instance. Allicin in garlic is acknowledged to have huge anti-oxidant, anti-bacterial, anti-fungal and anti-viral properties. This potent driving force of garlic benefits your body health in restraining the ability of germs to thrive and breed. Garlic is also known to contain Selenium another critical mineral for healing and health.
Garlic has an ORAC value of around 5346 micromol/TE per 100 grams, which means it is a good antioxidant and cleansing agent. In addition garlic has potassium, phosphorus, selenium, iron, calcium, zinc, magnesium and manganese, all of them good for cellular and cardiovascular functions. You will find beta carotene, zea-xanthin, Vitamins A, C, D, E, K, B6, B12, Pantothenic Acid, Choline, Thiamin, Riboflavin, Niacin and Folate as well as protein, carbohydrate and carbohydrates in garlic. In all, garlic has over 100 compounds that contribute to health in different ways.
Culinary Benefits of Garlic
- Popular for its distinct smell and taste, garlic is used in cooking and added to various dishes. Just like its popularity as a culinary spice, in the same manner garlic is held in high esteem for its wide-ranging medicinal properties.
- Owing to its unique flavor and strong aroma, garlic is usually mixed with other herbs like onion and ginger while preparing different dishes. Few people prefer to eat raw garlic while others eat it cooked in a dish. Either way garlic is revered for its pungent flavor.
- Garlic is used to enhance the taste of bread in snacks like crostini, garlic toast, or other appetizers. Garlic shoots are also used in many dishes like the stir fry ones, pickles and many more. Garlic leaves are also used in many vegetarian and meat dishes.
Health Benefits of Garlic
Garlic Benefits for Cold and Cough
Garlic empowers your immune system and also helps to fight cough, chest infections, and congestion. During the winter seasons, garlic is a good food to improve immunity and deal with flu and colds. A traditional home remedy for the first signs of cold is to consume a clove of garlic which has been dipped in honey.
Garlic Benefits for Hyperthyroidism
Garlic has elevated levels of iodine which allows it to be effective in the treatment for hyperthyroid condition. Hyperthyroidism when treated with garlic is known to show huge improvements.
Garlic Benefits for Impotency
Impotency has long been observed to get advantage from a few measures of garlic. Even today in many communities the garlic therapy for improving impotency trouble is aptly followed instead of reaching for a doctor’s prescription.
Garlic Benefits for Cardiovascular Diseases
Intensity of Cardiovascular disease can be reduced greatly by ingesting few garlic cloves regularly. Garlic has a strong effect on the LDL, the plaque that gets gathered on the walls of the veins, and also Cholesterol. This beneficial trait of garlic is highly regarded.
Garlic Benefits for Vaginal Infections
Garlic has anti-fungal and anti-bacterial qualities and hence is favorably used to treat the Bacterial and Fungal caused vaginal infections. Allicin a Sulphur containing substance in garlic which is released by crushed garlic is able to act like an antibiotic for such infections.
Garlic is great for Immunity
Garlic is a storehouse of vitamin B6 which is very essential for a healthy immune system. Not only this, Vitamin B6 favors a well-organized growth of new cells. Vitamin B6 is helpful for overcoming mood swings and to impart a cheery disposition!
Garlic Helps To Fight Cancer
Garlic offers aid in the prevention of various types of cancer. When treated with garlic, many cancers like Bladder cancer, breast cancer, prostate cancer, stomach cancer and colon cancer have all been reported to show a significant reduction in their tumor sizes. The Vitamin B6 in Garlic is studied to have cancer fighting capabilities.
Garlic Benefits for Diabetes
Garlic is known to regulate blood sugar levels as it enhances the intensity of insulin in the blood. This factor may help in the management of diabetes. Seeking medical advice along with the use of garlic could help your diabetic condition better.
Garlic Benefits for Skin Infections
Garlic has a chemical substance known as ajoene found which helps to treat fungal infection of the skin like ringworm infestation and athlete’s foot.
Garlic Has Blood Thinning Qualities
Ajoene found in garlic has anti-clotting properties which help to prevent the formation of blood clots in your body. However the risk of bleeding after a surgery is also not ruled out and hence such a patient may need extra care.
Health Benefits of Raw Garlic & its Uses
Garlic, the panacea for most ills, is best consumed raw to help you get maximum benefits. From Central Asia garlic spread to the rest of the world and in millennia since, it has become one of mankind’s most favored herbs. Not only is it inseparable from culinary cultures worldwide; it is also man’s one trusted source to cure a number of ailments and to protect against ailments. It smells but you can’t help like it, whether it is for food or as tonic or as medicine.
Garlic in its raw form gives maximum health benefits. Garlic, also known as Allium sativum, belongs to the genus Allium, said to have originated in Central Asia. Known to man since ancient times, garlic is in use all over the world as food and as medicine. Garlic is rich in phyto-nutrients, diallyl disulfide, diallyl trisulfide, allyl propyl disulfide which convert to allicin when bulbs are mashed and exposed to oxygen in the air. Raw garlic has a pungent taste and allicin gives it a rather strong odor that infuses through your body and can be smelled on your breath. Still, however, raw garlic gives maximum health benefits.
How to Use Raw Garlic
Eating raw garlic may not appeal to you. You can crush raw garlic, add powdered cumin seeds and a little bit of lemon juice to make it more palatable. To this paste add powdered red chillies, capsaicin in red chillies combining with garlic to help fight weight gain and keep your immune system in top working condition. Simply use the paste as a bread spread or a dip.
It needs only a little bit of effort to eat raw garlic, either plain or dressed up but once you do, you enjoy lifelong benefits.
Just a little bit of raw garlic added to food, salads or eaten as it is every day will help you maintain health as well as overcome a number of ailments. As little as 5 grams of raw garlic works the magic.
- Allicin in raw garlic inhibits cholesterol production and helps get rid of excess, bringing the count to acceptable levels. Raw Garlic also works as a liver tonic.
- Garlic is diuretic, expectorant, anti-asthmatic, appetite stimulant and expectorant which translates to better kidney functions, improved lung health and smooth gastrointestinal functions.
- Raw garlic prevents hardening of arteries and atherosclerosis; reduces blood pressure and safeguards against risk of stroke and cardiovascular diseases.
- Raw garlic is your best bet to stay safeguarded against a variety of cancers, especially stomach and colo-rectal cancers. Diallyl sulphide in raw garlic shrinks cancer cells in the stomach and inhibits multiplication.
- Raw garlic and the allicin and flavonoids in it helps you fight infections since it has strong anti-fungal, anti-bacterial and anti-viral properties. If you have come down with influenza, fever, coughs and colds, a bit of raw magic makes them vanish. Those with staphylococcus aureus, Salmonella and E.Coli infections can benefit by eating raw garlic.
- A good antioxidant, raw garlic works as a scavenger of free radicals and bacteria in your system and blood.
- Apply crushed garlic paste on wounds and you will prevent infection as well as promote quicker healing.
- Those with acne and persistent skin ailments can apply raw garlic paste mixed with warm oil. Allicin and sulphur compounds work wonders on your skin.
- Studies have shown that raw garlic has a potent effect on enlarged prostate.
- Researches show that raw garlic improves metabolism and insulin utilization, helping in controlling blood sugar, a vital factor for diabetics.
- If you have toothaches and dental problems, simply chew a clove of garlic. Raw garlic relieves pain, stops bleeding of gums and kills off harmful bacteria in the mouth.
- Raw garlic’s strong anti-bacterial properties give quick relief in diarrhea.
- If allergies afflict you, raw garlic is your shield. Diallyl sulphide and thiacremonone in raw garlic clears air passages and reduces inflammation. Even asthmatics benefit by consuming raw garlic every day.
- For vegetarians, iron deficiency is one of the greatest health issues. With raw garlic you can be sure your body will be able to absorb iron from vegetarian sources. Diallyl sulphide in garlic promotes production of Ferroportin that helps iron absorption and use in the body.
- Raw garlic promotes healthy sex life by increasing libido. Garlic improves blood circulation and nitric oxide production, giving men vigor and vitality.
- Raw garlic is your best friend for weight loss. 102-vinyldithiin in garlic inhibits fat cell formation, improves metabolism and keeps weight in check.