- How to Extract Aloe Vera Juice
- Nutritional Benefits in Aloe Vera Juice
- 9 Health Benefits of Aloe Vera Juice
- 15 Side Effects of Aloe Vera Juice
Aloe vera belongs to the species aloe barbadensis also known as aloe perfoliata, aloe massawana and other synonyms. Scientific name of Aloe Vera is Aloe Barbadensis Miller. Aloe Vera known as Ghritkumari in Hindi, In Telgu Kalabanda, Katralai in Tamil, in Malayalam Kumari, In Punjabi Ghae Ghwaar or Kawaar Gandal, other names as Lolisara Gawarpaltra, Barbados Aloe, Curacao Aloe and Lu Hui.
Aloe Vera looks like a cactus but is a succulent with fleshy, thick leaves. Peel away the outer green covering and you will find a nearly transparent gel inside that is the base for all aloe vera formulations. Even the roots of aloe vera are of therapeutic value but the main benefits are all contained in the gel.
Health, internal and external is of extreme importance. While the right foods ensure you stay healthy, you need something more to cleanse, detoxify, rejuvenate and restore you internally and externally. Aloe vera fits the bill perfectly, serving as a tonic for the skin and, when taken internally, ensuring your health.
How to Extract Aloe Vera Juice
Commercial producers and growers harvest fully grown mature leaves of aloe vera, check for defects, wash thoroughly and use automated machinery. The outer skins are peeled of aloe vera, the inside gel macerated, liquefied and pasteurized in a highly sterile environment untouched by hand. This juice of Aloe Vera forms the base for potions, lotions, creams and even in food preparations. You can buy such commercially produced pure aloe vera juice containing the essential ingredients and use the juice topically or for internal consumption.
If you grow aloe vera at home you can extract the juice through a simple process.
- Harvest ripe, mature, fleshy leaves.
- Peel off the outer green skins and use only the inner gel.
- Another way is to cut the leaf vertically and scoop out the inner gel.
- Just make sure you do not scrape the inner surface of the leaf too closely as this contains aloe latex, a substance that can cause stomach upsets.
- The gel can be macerated and filtered.
- You can bruise it by hand or run it in a food processer and strain.
- The resulting aloe vera juice can be stored in a refrigerator for several days.
Nutrition in Aloe Vera Juice
Aloe vera contains over 150 compounds that work alone or synergistically. Aloe vera Juice contains anthraquinones, enzymes, minerals, vitamins, poly and mono saccharides, sterols and salicylic acid.
- From tissue building point of view aloe vera juice contains the essential amino acids tryptophan, isoleucine, lysine, leucine, phenylalanine, threonine, methionine and valine as also minor amounts ofasparagine, cysteine, glutamic acid, glycine, praline, arginine and alanine among others.
- Anthraquinones in aloe vera juice are aloin and emodin with anti-bacterial, antiviral and analgesic properties, which have a cleansing action on wounds and ulcers as also a beneficial effect on the intestinal tract.
- Enzymes found in aloe vera juice are amylase, cellulose, bradykinase, catalase, oxidase, proteolytiase and carbodypeptidase that help in breaking down food, stimulatling the immune system and aiding digestion.
- Aloe vera juice contains Vitamins C, E, B6, B2, B3, B1, B5 and B12 so essential for enzymatic action, immunity and cell functions.
- You will also find zinc, calcium, magnesium, manganese, copper, potassium, sodium, chromium and selenium in aloe vera juice which are necessary for bone health, healthy teeth, healthy muscles, healing, alertness, immunity, protein metabolism, blood sugar regulation and neural activity.
- Lignins in aloe vera juice are responsible for the beneficial effect on your skin and hair, even helping in difficult skin conditions such as psoriasis and eczema.
- Poly and monosaccharides such as acemannan in aloe vera juice strengthen your immune system, regularizing cellular metabolism and improving cell function.
- Salycylic acid in aloe vera juice has anti-inflammatory and analgesic properties and is useful to treat skin disorders, joint pain, fevers and infections.
- Saponins in aloe vera juice work as cleansers, removing harmful bacteria, yeasts, fungi and virus.
Health Benefits of Aloe Vera Juice
- Aloe vera juice has healing and health giving benefits when taken internally.
- Aloe vera juice helps with regular bowel movement and eliminates constipation and aids digestion, helping you absorb nutrients from food.
- Aloe vera juice also detoxifies the intestines and removes macrophages, helping you by its antioxidative properties. Aloe vera juice also restores balance of intestinal microflora.
- Aloe vera juice has been found beneficial for asthmatics since it boosts the immune system.
- Polysaccharides and monosaccharides in aloe vera juice help regulate type 2 diabetes.
- Regular consumption of small amounts of aloe vera juice will have a positive effect on your skin, giving you a healthy glow.
- A little bit of aloe vera juice gives you all the essential minerals, vitamins and even amino acids. Aloe vera is one of the few plant sources that supplies vitamin B12, so lacking in vegetarian diets.
- Drink aloe vera juice and apply it on your skin as a lotion and it helps fibroblasts function better. This activity also promotes quicker healing of burns and wounds.
- Apply aloe vera juice to your scalp and hair to curb dandruff and for soft, lustrous hair.
Side Effects of Aloe Vera Juice
Excess of aloe vera juice may generate adverse reactions. It is always wise to try a small quantity of aloe vera juice and watch to see how your body adjusts. A better way to avoid unwelcome reactions is to consume aloe vera juice every other day.
Some claims are not backed by scientific proven research but there is no denying the benefits of aloe vera juice in a variety of conditions. Start the day with a few teaspoons of aloe vera juice and you will be doing yourself a great favor.
You cannot have too much of a good thing. In the case of aloe vera juice this does not apply. A rich source of vitamins, minerals, polysaccharides, monosaccharides, amino acids and anthraquinones, aloe vera juice can have truly beneficial effects on your health when used internally and topically. Packed with so much goodness, these very compounds of aloe vera juice can be a source of unpleasant side effects if your body does not accept them or if you use it in excess.
Belonging to the species aloe barbadensis with a number of different synonyms, aloe vera, as it is commonly known, is a succulent and flourishes in sandy soils. The fleshy leaves contain a gel that is packed with all the wonderful compounds said to give umpteen health benefits. Proponents claim aloe vera juice gives you all the essential amino acids, the vital vitamins and minerals and other compounds that work together or alone to maintain cardiovascular health, neural health, gastrointestinal health and healthy skin. Aloe vera juice said to have anti-cancer properties, it heals your wounds better and improves cell functioning besides boosting your immune system. With so many benefits aloe vera juice also has some side effects.
15 Side Effects of Aloe Vera Juice
The maximum side effects are experienced when aloe vera juice is taken internally. If you have not been careful to avoid the layer right next to the skin when you extract the aloe vera juice, you could experience some unpleasant symptoms. Major side effects when you drink aloe vera juice are:
- A common complaint of aloe vera juice side effect is diarrhea. If you consume more aloe vera juice you may experience cramps and diarrhea.
- Aloe vera juice can exacerbate symptoms of hemorrhoids.
- Potassium levels in blood may reduce leading to weakness, softened muscles and irregular heartbeat with the danger higher in case of people with heart disease, kidney problem and diabetes.
- Aloe vera juice another side effect is it also creates dependency, which means if you stop using it, you will suffer from constipation.
- In some people aloe vera juice can induce allergic reactions.
- Those with sensitive skin may have a rash on their skin, their face could swell and they can experience tightness in the chest.
- Random studies have shown that aloe vera juice is a possible cause of cancer in rodents and it could be the cause of colorectal cancer in humans if taken for longer periods.
- Polysaccharides and monosaccharides do help control blood sugar in normal people but in diabetics, it could adversely interact with medication since it can lower blood sugar levels.
- Excess of aloe vera juice is said to cause kidney damage, causes reddish urine and blood build up in the pelvis. Aloe vera can also cause hepatitis according to some scientists.
- If you have thyroid disorders, it is best to avoid aloe vera juice since it can interfere with enzyme and consequently hormone action.
- If you apply aloe vera juice as a beauty aid on your skin, it can cause itching or generate hypersensitivity reactions. This is marked in some people with sensitivity to compounds in aloe vera juice.
- Applying aloe vera juice to your face after dermabrasion can cause a burning sensation and if you apply it before going out into the sun, it does not work as a sunscreen but, on the contrary, it will cause rashes.
- In pregnant women aloe vera juice has been found to cause uterine contractions and vomiting as well as diarrhea, which could pose the threat of abortion. Mothers with new born babies should avoid aloe vera juice.
- Aloe vera juice and its compounds may interact with medications so if you are taking medications for high blood pressure, kidney disorders, diabetes or liver disorders, be careful not to take aloe vera juice internally.
- Aloe latex, found close to the skin of aloe vera leaves on the inside, can cause kidney damage, diarrhea and even cancer.
The good news is that all these side effects occur only if you consume aloe vera juice in excess and for a long period or prepare aloe vera juice the wrong way. Some producers crush the whole leaf which gets harmful components into the juice. It is best to avoid commercially prepared aloe vera juice for this reason. Too much of a good thing leads to unpleasant side effects. Prepare the juice yourself using only the gel in the central portion and being careful not to scrape the insides of the leaves close to the skin. Prepare and consume fresh aloe vera juice in small quantities. Taking it thrice a week in small quantities is better than taking it regularly each day, if you wish to gain aloe vera benefits and avoid unpleasant side effects of aloe vera juice.
*** Ye Bhi Padhe ***
करण वोहरा , May 11, 2017
एलोवेरा जूस के कई तरह के फ़ाएदे हैं इसको पीने से डायजेशन सिस्टम ठीक रहता है पेट की प्राब्लम को दूर करता है तवचा में चमक हमेशा बनी रहती है
कौशल नागपाल, May 25, 2017
मैने आप के 20 बेनिफिट्स और साइड एफेक्ट्स ऑफ एलोवेरा जूस के देखे मुझे अच्छा लगा| मैने यह पाया है की सभी सिर्फ़ बेनिफिट्स ही बताते हैं कोई साइड एफेक्ट्स नहीं बताता मुझे अच्छा लगा| धन्यवाद
अमित व्यास, Sep 20, 2017
एलओवेरा के कई इन्टरनल फाएेदे भी हैं जैसे कि ड्रिंक एलो वेरा जूस एंड अप्लाइ इट ऑन युवर स्किन अस ए लोशन एंड इट हेल्प्स फाइब्रोबलस्ट्स फंगश्न बैटर दिस एक्टिविटी ऑल्सो प्रमोट्स किविकर हीलिंग ऑफ बर्न्स एंड वूंड्स| यह तो बेनिफिट्स थे अब इसके लासीज के बारे में आगे जानिए जो इस प्रकार हैं:-जैसे कि कुच्छ यह एलो वेरा के रिएक्शन है इसीलिए उसे लिमीित मेन्न ही पिएं यानी कि एक्सेस ऑफ एलो वेरा जूस मे जेनरेट एडवर्स रिएक्शन इट इस ऑल्वेज़ वैसे तो ट्राइ ए स्माल क्वांटिटी ऑफ एलो वेरा जूस एंड वॉच तो सी हाउ युवर बॉडी एडजस्ट ए बेटर वे तो अवॉइड अनवेलकम रिएक्शन इस तो कन्स्यूम एलो वेरा जूस एवरी अदर डे|
नहीं रहता है अगर आपका पेट साफ़ तो अपनाये ये घरेलु उपाय पेट साफ़ करने के लिए
Home Remedies for Blackheads in Hindi : Blackheads Hatane Ke Gharelu Upay
Jaaniye Ganjapan ka Desi Gharelu ilaj : गंजेपन का इलाज
हाई ब्लड प्रेशर से है परेशान तो अपनाए ये हाई ब्लड प्रेशर घरेलू इलाज
5 Aasan Pregnancy Tips for Normal Delivery(नॉर्मल डिलीवरी)
नशा दूर करने के घरेलु उपाय - Hangover Home Remedies in Hindi