- Garlic Oil Helps to Expel Toxins from Body
- Garlic Oil Improves Blood Circulation
- Garlic Oil helps to Build Stamina
- Garlic Oil Reduces Hair Loss
- Garlic Oil Helps to Reduce Psoriasis, Dermatitis and Eczema
- Garlic Oil works Wonder in Ear Infection
- Garlic Oil works for Athlete Foot Condition
- Garlic Oil Improves Metabolism & Also Helps in Weight Loss
Garlic oil is one of the best ingredients in Nature’s medicine chest, a great healer and natural remedy for a variety of ills. Inexpensive and available round the year, garlic is not only one of the most prized of herbs in food preparations but is a virtual treasure when it comes to treating a variety of illnesses, bringing quick relief without any of the nasty side effects of allopathic medicines. Known to mankind since 7000 years, garlic thrives and helps humans stay fit and healthy.
Allium Sativum or garlic, as we know it, belongs to the onion and leek family of genus Allium. In use since 5000 years and more, life without garlic would be unthinkable for some cultures. It is the herb of life. Garlic or Allium sativum belongs to the genus Allium. It grows to a height of 1.2 metres and the bulbs mature underground. Garlic known with different names as Poondu, Veluthulli, Vellulli, Velluri, Vellipaaya, Tellapaayalu, Velluli Payalu, Lehsan, Lasun, Rasoon, Rashun, Lahsun, Lasun, Lusson, Rasuna, Lassan, Lahsun, Bollulli, Lassun, Leshun.
Garlic oil has a strong odor and pungent taste owing to its high sulphurous compounds that also give it the health giving properties. Garlic oil contains Vitamin B6, Vitamin C, copper, calcium, selenium and manganese as well as diallyl disulfide, allyl propyl disulfide and diallyl trisulfide that convert to allicin when the bulbs are crushed. Fresh garlic is the best in terms of nutrition and health properties. You can also obtain garlic in the form of dried garlic as well as garlic powder and garlic oil.
Garlic oil contains a number of vitamins, proteins, carbohydrates, phytonutrients and the all-important allicin made up of sulphur compounds. With a high ORAC value of 5346 micromol/Te per 100 grams, garlic nourishes, protects and revitalizes in addition to being put to a variety of mundane uses. Some people hate Garlic oil taste and smell whereas others simply cannot do without it. Garlic oil is indispensable for those involved in hard labour since it gives vigor and vitality and on the other hand, you have Jain religion that abhors garlic as being “tamasic” or promoting desire. Whichever way you look at it, garlic oil has a number of uses and it is better to have it as a friend rather than ignore it.
Garlic Oil – How it is Prepared
Garlic oil is prepared by steam distillation of macerated Garlic bulbs or by steeping them in warm or hot oil. Steam distilled oil contains more of water soluble compounds while garlic oil has more of oil soluble compounds. Garlic oil contains active ingredients diallyl sulfide, diallyl trisulfide, diallyl pentasulfide, diallyl monosulfide, diallyl tetrasulfide, methyl allyl disulfide, methyl allyl trisulfide, methyl allyl tetrasulfide, methyl allyl hexasulfide, dimethyl trisulfide, dimethyl tetrasulfide and dimethyl pentasulfide. Steam distilled garlic oil is typically diluted one part to 200 parts of any other oil that acts as a carrier for external or internal use for wide ranging health benefits.
Making Garlic Oil at Home
You can use sunflower oil, olive oil, mustard oil or sesame oil as the base for garlic oil. Heat the oil. Crush peeled garlic cloves and let them stand for an hour. Add to the hot oil and let it stand for some time, preferably a day to let the compounds steep into the oil. Filter the oil and you have home made garlic oil you can use in different ways. Note that commercially available distilled garlic oil is potent and should always be diluted one part of garlic oil to 200 parts of plain oil before use. If you cannot be bothered, you can always buy garlic oil in the form of capsules.
15 Garlic Oil Uses and Benefits
- Add home made garlic oil as a flavoring agent to food and salads.
- Garlic oil works as a potent anti-cancer agent, improved cardiovascular health, thins blood and lowers blood pressure.
- Allicin in Garlic oil releases nitric oxide, blocks platelet clots and improves flexibility of blood vessels besides acting as a strong anti-fungal, anti-bacterial and anti-viral agent.
- Garlic oil has a positive influence on your metabolism with overall systemic health benefits. The allyl sulful compounds effectively combat prostate, pancreatic, esophageal, breast, rectal and stomach cancer.
- Garlic oil helps expel toxins, even lead and mercury compounds from the body and it is an effective anti-oxidant too.
- Consuming diluted garlic oil helps boost immunity, guard you against gastrointestinal infections and reduce inflammation.
- Garlic oil has proved to be effective against bacteria H. pylori, salmonella and staphylococcus aereus.
- Garlic oil has proven efficacy in treating enlarged prostate, diabetes, osteoarthritis, diarrhea, fever, haemorrhoids and to maintain healthy liver function, reducing stress and fatigue.
- Diluted garlic oil can be used for skin ailments, proving especially beneficial in cases of ringworm, staphylococcus infections and fungal skin infections.
- Bacteria that have developed an immunity to traditional allopathic medicines are easily removed with the application of garlic oil on the skin.
- If you have ear ache or infection in the ear, put a few drops of garlic oil inside your ears for quick recovery.
- Garlic oil is just as helpful if you have tootache. Swish a little bit of garlic oil around in your mouth. A strong antibacterial and anti-inflammatory agent, it gives quick relief.
- Apply garlic oil to your hair and scalp. Massage garlic oil and this will help hair growth, improve blood circulation and remove toxins. Garlic oil is also claimed to reduce hair loss.
- Rub garlic oil on your temples and forehead and at the back of your neck and massage slowly—this bring relief from migraine. It also helps when you have sinus infections, headaches and colds.
- Apply Garlic oil on wounds, acne and pimples for natural and safe healing.
It is easy to make garlic oil at home or buy them in the form of supplements. Garlic oil is safe to use internally except when you are taking medications for thinning the blood. Externally and internally garlic oil is one elegant solution to a variety of health issues.
Uses of Garlic, the Versatile, Indispensable Herb
From mythology to medicine, garlic has been with since thousands of years and is our closest friend. From warding off evil to curing common ailments, human beings have been using garlic since millenia. Human ingenuity, imagination and the magical properties of garlic have led to its use in various situations. For instance, people wore garlands of garlic cloves to ward off plague. The Soviet Army used garlic juice to treat wounds of soldiers. Dr Albert Schweitzer used it to treat gastrointestinal diseases in Africa. Garlic is used by farmers to repel insects. The Pharaohs of Egypt were routinely entombed with garlic. Dracula and vampires are said to be repelled by garlic. Garlic is used by housewives as an indispensable culinary ingredient and to treat common ailments. It is the subject of research into its potential uses.
Preparing Garlic for External Use
Crush garlic and make into a fine paste and let it stand for an hour. Use the paste for application on skin, cuts, wounds and hair. You can mix garlic with oil and let it stand and use the resulting garlic oil for external purposes. This garlic oil can also be used to dress salads and to add a dash of zing to foods.
Garlic for External Uses
- You can hang a garland of garlic cloves in your house. While people in the Middle Ages did this to ward off spirits, in this case it will keep insects at bay.
- Planting garlic near fruit trees keeps pests away. Garlic is a natural biocide, also repels mosquitoes. Use it as a spray to disinfect surfaces.
- Apply garlic paste with turmeric powder mixed in it to your face to keep away acne or cure it and remove dead cells. Garlic kills bacteria and gives you a healthy skin.
- Garlic has been found to be effective when you apply its paste to areas affected by psoriasis, dermatitis and eczema.
- Apply Garlic to sores, cuts and wounds for quicker healing and to prevent infection.
- If you have fungal infection of the skin such as athlete’s foot, garlic paste applied to infected areas will soon get rid of the infection.
- Use garlic paste mixed with warm oil or oil to which you add garlic oil to treat ear infections and ear aches.
- Make some garlic oil and apply it to your scalp and hair. This will prevent hair loss, give your hair gloss and body and keep dandruff away.
Preparing Garlic for Internal Use
Use fresh garlic cloves you can grind to a paste or chop into fine pieces to eat raw, in combination with other foods such as salads, in cooking and with other herbs for therapeutic uses. You can also prepare and store garlic oil to garnish soups, salads and a variety of foods, eating your way too good health.
Garlic for Internal Consumption
- If you are an athlete, you will find that eating garlic keeps you energetic and full of stamina.
- If you are a weight watcher, use garlic every day in your food to prevent deposition of fat cells and keep cholesterol under control.
- If you are out in the field as an explorer or are going on a trekking trip, take garlic along. It will help to ward off influenza, cold, fever and will keep gastrointestinal tract healthy and immune against Staphylococcus, H.Pylori and E.coli. If you cut yourself, garlic can be applied to the cuts for quicker healing.
- Eat a couple of cloves of garlic a day to keep your blood thin and pure, prevent clotting, keep arteries flexible and lower blood pressure. Garlic is the ideal cardiovascular tonic.
- If you are down with colds and coughs, make garlic paste and mix with lemon water to recover in the shortest time.
- Garlic is a well-known aphrodisiac. Garlic and the Sulphur compounds boost blood circulation and have a tonic effect on your libido.
- Pregnant women can eat a little bit of garlic to boost their immunity and that of their child and also give its weight a boost.
- Garlic with cloves milk will help you get rid of diarrhea.
Internal or external, garlic can he put to a hundred uses, serving as the Swiss army knife of health, even proving a sure fire remedy where allopathic medicines fail. Keep garlic with you; it will do more than ward off spirits.
*** Ye Bhi Padhe ***
Desi Nuskhe for Cold : सर्दी जुकाम का घरेलू उपचार
मिंटो मे पाए सिर दर्द से छुटकारा अपनाए ये घरेलू इलाज
Bay Leaf (Tej Patta) Benefits : तेजपत्ता के ये फायदे आपको हैरान कर देंगे
Benefits of face massage : घर पर ही करे चेहरे की मसाज
Shahad/honey ke Fayde : शहद के बेहतरीन फायदे
HIV ke Lakshan or Symptoms : एचआईवी होने के लक्षण