The equation of weight gain is simple: consume more calories than you burn. The reverse is equally true for weight loss. If you are overweight you will need to control your diet and exercise heavily in order to burn fat and regain your trim shape. Another alternative to heavy exercise is to go in for diy homemade weight loss drinks that help increase metabolism, remove toxins and make your body burn fat. Give up sugar entirely, avoid fried and junk foods, eat more of raw vegetables and fruits and you have a recipe for success if allied with some weight loss drinks.
The simplest remedy is water. Drink plenty of it starting in the morning with two glasses of warm water to which you add some honey. Detox water for weight loss practice is one you should continue for a month. Purists would advise you live on only warm water for two days to rid body of toxins.
Ginger, lemon and honey tea
A better way is to drink this first thing in the morning on an empty stomach:
- Take ginger and make a paste or grate it.
- Add water and a half lemon along with rind and a teaspoonful of green tea
- Boil and strain
- Add a pinch of salt and a spoonful of honey.
- Enhance with a pinch of cinnamon or powdered cardamom
Ginger is thermogenic and increases metabolism. Lemon helps remove toxins and the phytochemicals in tea also help to detoxify your body, suppress appetite and lose weight naturally. This is a tasty and one of the better weight loss home remedies.
Rose Petals Infusion
Weight loss at home is easy when you consume rose petals infusion at least thrice during the day.
- Take dried or fresh rose petals.
- Crush them lightly
- Add to water and boil.
- Cool, strain and store.
A glass thrice a day helps you in your weight loss program.
Apple cider vinegar
Genuine apple cider vinegar made from apples helps you lose weight naturally because it contains pectin that improves metabolism and helps your body burn fat.
- Take one cup apple cider vinegar and add a liter of water. Store in fridge.
- Drink a glass each day in the morning, topping with lemon juice and mint leaves.
Carrots are rich in betacarotene, vitamin A, K and C that will help your body break down fat and increase rate of metabolism.
- Take fresh carrots, cube them and run in a blender
- You can enhance effect and taste by adding coriander leaves and mint leaves.
- Drink a glassful each day in the morning and at lunch, if you can.
Mixed vegetables juice for weight loss at home
- Get fresh bottle gourd, carrots, coriander leaves and mint leaves.
- Dice bottle gourd and carrots, add coriander leaves and mint leaves and run in a blender after adding some water.
- Do not filter.
- Add a pinch of black pepper powder, a spoonful of lemon juice and drink.
Karela or bitter gourd
One of the most effective of weight loss home remedies is bitter gourd or karela. Here is how you use it.
- Cut Karela into halves and scoop out the middle portion containing seeds.
- Dice into pieces and run in a blender along with water.
- Drink the juice on an empty stomach in the morning.
Garlic is a sovereign home remedy for a number of ailments such as high blood cholesterol, infections and of course weight loss.
- Take a few garlic cloves
- Run in a blender along with a glass of water.
- Fill a glass, add some pepper, salt and lemon juice and drink.
Garlic prevents the process of adipogenisis or conversion of glycerols and glycogen into fat cells.
Weight loss at home is easy with green chillies and coconut oil.
- Cut green chillies into strips and remove seeds.
- Run in a blender with warm water and add two spoons of coconut oil while you run it.
- Drink a glass, preferably twice a day.
- The medium chain fatty acids in coconut oil and capsaicin in green chillies have a thermogenic effect, increasing metabolism and helping you burn fat.
Along with these homemade weight loss drinks, you can try changing your lifestyle. Reduce salt intake and avoid sugars as well as fatty snacks. Exercise and sleep at least 8 hours.